Our 4th Annual Walk of Empowerment is building on the wisdom of our previous years, diving deeper into self-care. It is important to challenge ourselves, and it is equally important to rest, recover, and recharge afterwards. This year we are walking the Camino de Santiago and then heading to a thermal spa to explore Tuscany!
The Ha.Lé 2019 Walk of Empowerment on the Camino de Santiago was an amazing trip! We had a full group of 10 walkers for the first week in the mountains, and then 5 walkers continued on to the ocean for the second week.
Connect to what your body is saying, and tell its story. This is potent medicine.
Gather in sound to rest and receive on the longest night of the year. We come together for 90 minutes for self-reflection on the Winter Solstice, the day of the year with the longest hours of darkness, marking the reversal of longer nights and shorter days.
This is an experience of embodiment, through bodywork, somatics, and sound. Open the body to fuller awareness, leaving you grounded yet uplifted as you access your most honest voice within.
A hands-on course for those wanting an in-depth introduction to the world of aromatherapy. Learn how to incorporate essential oils into your daily routine safely and effectively.
Tuesdays 9:30-10:30 am Oct 8th-Nov 5th: In this series we will develop skills for connecting to what our bodies are saying.
We will root into our bones and investigate the interrelated structures. This skill building class will support your capacity to create coherency, adapt, and regulate. While we practice restorative protocols for working with damaged connective tissue, distressed conditions, and long term effects of scar tissue, we will discover what it means to be embodied.
Bateleur Camp, Timbavati Game Reserve
July 2020, 5 nights/6 days
The ultimate wildlife and healing experience in the heart of the African wilderness.
An epic outer and inner adventure for 5 nights / 6 days.
Time in the wilderness to re-connect with nature is life-changing. By integrating yoga and embodiment practices, you will return home with that sense of adventure, peace, and play deep in your bones.
The retreat is facilitated by Janice Cathey, Ha.Le founder, and Amy Attenborough, a South African private guide with a decade’s experience as a game ranger, who is also a life coach and yoga teacher.
The retreat at a glance:
- Access to an exclusive 25,000-acre concession of the Timbavati Game Reserve adjoining the 3.3 million acre world-famous Greater Kruger National Park, where we rediscover the true African walking safari. It’s the ultimate safari experience boasting big five game viewing, a multitude of smaller life, great birding and diverse habitat. Bateleur Camp is considered one of the premier walking destinations in Southern Africa.
- Morning and evening walking safaris and game drives led by highly experienced guides and trackers. Guests can expect to track lion, elephant, giraffe and rhino, as well as other game species just as the early explorers did. An open vehicle is available for game drives as well, with opportunities to get even closer to the animals and provide ideal photographic opportunities.
- Enjoy undisturbed wilderness and exclusivity. Bateleur has a very low density of vehicles for the size of the land it traverses. This means that you will be able to spend extended periods of time with animals and track on foot completely undisturbed by any other game drive vehicle. This is true untamed Africa and it’s one of the few places left in Southern Africa where you can enjoy such an experience. The location, size, layout and ambience of the camp have all been chosen to complement these unique strengths.
- An exploration of how the art of tracking animals can empower you to better track your best life.
- Guided meditations to help you sink into the ancient wordlessness of the environment.
- Yoga classes set amongst ancient trees in nature’s best yoga studio on the planet. We will carry our yoga mats out on our walks, allowing us to practice in some of the most remote spots in Africa.
- Wellness workshops that empower you to nourish and heal yourself. You will return home equipped with tools so that even in the rush of the modern world, the peace of your holiday remains.
- Plenty of time for rest and relaxation.
- A profound spiritual experience designed to nourish your body, mind and soul.
- Story telling around a fire and beneath a blanket of stars in the evenings in the camp’s tastefully finished, low-walled boma (circular outdoor area open to the night sky) with chairs set up around a central fireplace. Adjacent is the camp’s braai/barbeque area where food is often prepared by the chef on the open fire.
- Delicious, wholesome South African home-style cooking served three times daily. Being in the heart of the wilderness, animals can be seen right from your breakfast table and your greatest concern is protecting freshly baked muffins from the grasp of a cheeky vervet monkey.
- Accommodation in an incredibly comfortable, luxurious and yet totally eco-friendly camp accommodating up to 16 people.
- Very spacious, comfortable safari units with a unique design. Quality linen, spacious beds and ensuite bathrooms provide all the comforts whilst the use of canvas walls allow you to stay connected to nature.
- The camp follows a strict green policy and has a deep commitment to the preservation of this pristine ecosystem. Not a single tree was removed in the building of the camp and hundreds have been planted since it was built.
- The camp is completely solar powered, herbs and vegetables are grown on site, wet waste is given to feed livestock in neighboring rural communities or used to make compost. All eco-friendly cleaning products and soaps are used, amongst many other eco-friendly practices.
- Access to chemical free pool and guest area, which overlooks the seasonally flowing Timbavati river.
- Regular 4-legged visitors that can be seen walking within the camp perimeter during the day include nyalas, warthogs and bushbuck. Elephants, buffalo and rhino can often be seen walking through the riverbed in front of the camp. And at night, anything shorter than an adult elephant can, and often does, walk through the camp under the cover of darkness.
- On these safaris we fall in line with nature’s rhythm and find ourselves an integral part of it. There is no better place to remember your own true nature than in the wilderness. From this deeply aware and connected place we co-create with the healing of the planet. This is true transformational travel.
$4500 for double occupancy and $4900 for single occupancy. This includes all accommodation, meals, non-alcoholic beverages, game drives, walks, activities, facilitation and transfer from Hoedspruit to the camp. Does not include flights to and from Bateleur Camp, alcoholic beverages, or gratuities. Prices are based on the exchange rate and may adjust.
To book your place and ensure your spot on this Ha.Lé Adventure Retreat, a 50% deposit (non-refundable) is required. Only 6 spots available!
Meet Amy Attenborough in this wonderful video about queleas (starling-like birds in S. Africa):