1. Bodywork: Evidence-based massage treatment for health.
Techniques: Blend of ashiatsu, neuromuscular, myofascial release, structural integration, cupping therapy, and sports massage
Benefits of bodywork include:
- Decreasing muscular tension
- Improving physical mobility, motor control, and postural balance
- Support tissue healing including edema, bruising, and scar tissue
- Reduce stress
- Increase positive affect
- Enhance sensory awareness and mindfulness
2. Somatics: Movement-based therapies
Techniques derived from: yoga, t’ai chi, qigong, Feldenkrais, and body rolling.
Benefits of Somatics include:
- Improve functional movement
- Pain reduction
- Increased body awareness
- Health maintenance and injury prevention
3. Acupuncture: Stimulates points on the body to regulate systems and address dysfunction.
Techniques used: needling, cupping, tui na, and herbal supplement formulas.
- Increase relaxation and positive affect
- Reduce acute and chronic pain
- Improve sleep
- Regulate physiological systems including digestion, cardiovascular, and endocrine
4. Nutrition: Guidance on eating from integrative perspective focusing not only on quantity, but also quality of food for nourishment and psychosocial relationship to eating.
Treatment Focus includes: education on nourishing foods, diets for specific health conditions and goals, and mindful eating.
- Support nourishment for chronic health conditions
- Reduce inflammation
- Improve cognitive performance
- Increase energy and vitality
- Maladaptive eating behaviors
- Maintain a healthy weight
5. Counseling: Mental and emotional solutions incorporating psychotherapy, mindfulness-based practices, and cognitive behavioral therapy.
Populations: children, adolescents, young adults, and adults, as individuals, couples, and families.
- LGBTQ issues